It’s finally Saturday! That means only one more day to go and I can progress towards the second phase of my South Beach Diet! For the second week of phase 2, I can then have both serving of carbs and fruits on the same day! YEAH! But for now, I still have to stick with eating one serving of either carbs or fruits, so this morning, I made tuna sandwich with whole grain bread. But because it’s only one piece of bread, I think the portion is a bit too small, so I added in scrambled eggs. I rather have a big breakfast in the morning so I don’t have to eat as much later on.
Breakfast: Tuna Sandwich and Scrambled Eggs
For dinner, I want to have something spicy and full of flavour, yet because of the diet, I’m pretty limited. But then I found a tub of kimchi in the supermarket and a light bulb came up. In the south beach diet, I’m allowed to have spices, and chili and kimchi is basically spicy lettuce. This dish is pretty simple to make, I don’t need to add in anything extra in particular really. But I know that Koreans like to add sesame oil to enhance their dishes, so I included that in my marinade as well. I just wish I can eat this with a bowl of rice or noodles…it will be a perfect combo.
Dinner: Kimchi Stir-Fried Chicken
1 pc of skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
Kimchi (depending on your taste)
1 tbsp of red chili sauce/bean paste
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Combine all chicken, kimchi and ingredients into a large bowl and marinate for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat skillet or pan with little bit of oil.
3. Add kimchi chicken mixture with juice into pan and distribute evenly on the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir fry chicken with spatula for 5-8 minutes, make sure chicken is well cooked
5. Serve hot with rice or noodles.