Now that I’m in phase 2 of my south beach diet, I can finally reintroduce some carbs that I’ve been avoiding. So to make use of this opportunity of having one serving of carbs in my diet now, I made french toast sticks for breakfast.
French Toast Sticks with Cinnamon Ricotta Creme
1 slice of whole grain bread
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of sweetener (optional)
1. Slice bread into square pieces.
2. Beat egg into bowl. Add cinnamon and sweetener. Mix well.
3. Heat skillet with olive oil
4. Dip bread pieces into egg mixture and pan fry for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
5. Spread cinnamon ricotta creme to serve.
Cinnamon Ricotta Creme
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of sweetener
1/2 tsp of cocoa powder
1. Put all ingredients together and blend until smooth. Chill in refrigerator. (I made this the night before, so I could save time in the morning and also I like my spread to be cool with the hot toast)