Finally, it’s Friday! It’s going to be the toughest because it’s the weekend! So many temptations once you go out with your friends and not stay home to cook your own meal…I’ll make sure I conquer the devil inside me.
For tonight’s dinner, I had chicken breast again but thought it’d be a good idea to change it up a bit. So I made this Chicken lettuce wrap. Taste-wise is pretty good considering that I have to stay away from flavoured sauces. Who said your diet meal has to be boring and plain?
Chicken Lettuce Wrap
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
1/2 red onions, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 tbs Olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tbs of soy sauce
1 slice of non-fat cheddar cheese, grated
1. Chop all onions, garlic, red pepper and chicken into small pieces
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high and saute garlic.
3. Add chicken and cook until all white, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add remaining condiments and saute for another 5 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Add soy sauce for colour and saute again for 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top before you serve, mix well and they will melt. To serve: put 1-2 spoonful of chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf and wrap them up.