My diet journey begins again. This time trying the south beach diet plan that my friend recommends. Basically I have to stay away mainly from all kinds of starch, fatty food and sugar for two weeks, which isn’t that bad but I can’t eat any fruits in the first phase….Let’s see how long I can last.
Spinach salad with tomatoes and onions in light Italian dressing
Snack: V-8 and 0% fat yogurt
1 piece of skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 onions, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
salt and black pepper
1/3 cup of chicken broth
1 teaspoon of Rosemary
1. Combine chicken broth, vinegar, pepper and rosemary; pour over chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Remove chicken and pat dry, reserving marinade.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown chicken on both sides. Make sure it is cooked.
4. Remove chicken from the pan; add onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until onions are softened.
5. Add marinade to pan, add a bit of salt and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken, baste with some of marinade, cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
I modified a recipe online and created my own. It turned out quite nice and moist. I’m impressed. Tomorrow I shall try cooking the basa fillet. Time to dig up some recipes.